9 Quick Tips for Airguns Everyone Should Know
1. Do not dry fire spring air guns.
Do not fire your spring-powered air rifle or pistol without a pellet or two felt cleaning pellets in the chamber.
2. Do not over-adjust the trigger.
Over-adjusting could render the air gun inoperable.
3. Clean the bore of your air guns.
Get more spring airgun maintenance tips.
4. Use the correct lubrication on your air guns.
WD40 and 3-in-1 oils are NOT suitable. Use RWS lubes or similar high grade lubricants designed for air guns.
5. Always check for loose screws and parts before, during, and after shooting.
This ensures consistent performance and is a good practice for any mechanical system.
6. Always place one drop of airgun oil on the tip of the CO2 capsule before installing.
Click here to see more tips about using CO2 with airguns.
7. When using Rotary Magazines with Umarex pistols, make sure the pellet is seated properly.
Do not use conical (pointed) pellets. Pellets should not stick out past the rotary magazine’s surface.
8. Hold spring air rifles loosely.
Holding a spring air rifle too tightly will reduce accuracy and could damage the gun.
9. Don’t be forceful when returning cocking levers to their closed position.
Forcing a lever closed will bend the cocking lever. Under- and side-lever air rifles have a release button.
I have the pleasure of speaking to hundreds of folks each year. Many are already hardcore airgunners, but others are ...
Umarex Colt Peacemaker Review
Special thanks to Harwood W. Loomis at The M1911 Pistols Organization (www.M1911.org). Remember the Lone Ranger? Retu...
Umarex delivers a different kind of Snake Gun – The BB cartridge-loading Colt Python
A legendary Colt revolver returns with the new Python chambered in .177 caliber. The Colt authorized Umarex whee...