9 Quick Tips for Airguns Everyone Should Know
1. Do not dry fire spring air guns.
Do not fire your spring-powered air rifle or pistol without a pellet or two felt cleaning pellets in the chamber.
2. Do not over-adjust the trigger.
Over-adjusting could render the air gun inoperable.
3. Clean the bore of your air guns.
Get more spring airgun maintenance tips.
4. Use the correct lubrication on your air guns.
WD40 and 3-in-1 oils are NOT suitable. Use RWS lubes or similar high grade lubricants designed for air guns.
5. Always check for loose screws and parts before, during, and after shooting.
This ensures consistent performance and is a good practice for any mechanical system.
6. Always place one drop of airgun oil on the tip of the CO2 capsule before installing.
Click here to see more tips about using CO2 with airguns.
7. When using Rotary Magazines with Umarex pistols, make sure the pellet is seated properly.
Do not use conical (pointed) pellets. Pellets should not stick out past the rotary magazine’s surface.
8. Hold spring air rifles loosely.
Holding a spring air rifle too tightly will reduce accuracy and could damage the gun.
9. Don’t be forceful when returning cocking levers to their closed position.
Forcing a lever closed will bend the cocking lever. Under- and side-lever air rifles have a release button.
Umarex Gauntlet Sets the New Standard in PCP Air Rifle Performance
Umarex USA Inc. announces a major breakthrough in regulated Pre-Charged Pneumatic (PCP) air rifles: the Umarex® Gaunt...
Umarex® ARX® Ammo New for Air Rifles and Muzzleloaders
Umarex® ARX® Ammunition represents the next generation of muzzleloading and airgun hunting technology. Precision-engi...
The Umarex Throttle Review
After Donald Trump won the 2016 presidential election, the stocks of some of America’s gun makers took a bit of a div...